Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thanks and Ready, Set, Go.......

The bags are almost packed. The fun is about to begin.  

I want to thank a few people for making this trip even possible. First would be my wife Monica and her amazing love for the Lord.  It is very special to be married to someone who is always ready to talk about Jesus, even when the game is deep into the 4th quarter ;o)  I would also like to thank our kids, Bailey and Libby, for  at their tender young ages they can have "ears to hear" Him and be so willing to share their faith in an open way. I would never be at this point in my walk without my friend Daniel and his gift of boldness that he has shown me. Thank you DW and your entire family!! I would also like to thank our new friends the Meltons who we have loved getting to know recently.  Praise the Lord for high tech friends and blog tutors!! We also want to thank our new friends from Israel,  Dov and Lyndee Gelman.  With their leadership with MBKI, exciting changes are coming to the orphans and the Kingdom in Uganda and Israel.  Last but not least i want to thank Pastor Emmy.  I have yet to shake his hand, but somehow I love him like a brother. Only the Lord could have brought us together on this journey. One of my goals on this first trip is to find a way to share with all of you a glimpse in to the heart of this mighty servant of Jesus.  So,  off we go..........

In Him,

Bub

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Barret and Family,
Our prayers are with you for a safe travel and for a great experenice. Thanks for letting God use YOU in ways to reach others for His kingdom. May God bless you during your travels and always. We look forward to reading about your trip and hearing the wonderful stories.
Kirk, Melissa, and Jeffrey Hill

Cotters R Us said...

Good Luck Barret family! You are in our prayers. Thank you for your willingness to serve. God is good.

The Cotter Family

The Coffer Family said...

Dear Friends in Christ,
You don't know me, but I got an email from Juli Cotter with your link to the blog. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and for your family. Your story is inspriring and the story of Pastor Emmy was heart-breaking. Good Luck with the mission trip and God Bless you!
Karina Coffer

Anonymous said...

Dr Barrett, thanks for sharing this blog with us. I prayed for you and your family today and will continue to do so. We look forward to hearing about your trip at our next visit.

Kevin & Stacey Hendrix
(Kyle & Brayden)

Anonymous said...

Bub, Monica, Bailey and Libby:
Your trip, just starting out, is so inspiring already. We pray for your safety and for blessings from the Lord as you prepare to share his word with the Ugandans! May the path be clear of all obstructions. What a wonderful experience...I am sure you will teach and learn so much. Tell Pastor Emmy we look forward to meeting him and his family some day. Much love, Meggan, Rich, Jessica, Ryan, and Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Barret Family! Hope your arrival in London went as planned and a happy belated birthday to Bailey on her big 13th! We've been thinking about and praying for you all and couldn't be more excited for the Barret family and this God-given journey you are now taking. Safe travels the rest of the way and we'll look forward to hearing your stories soon.

God Bless-

Jason, Carrie & Bailey Bigbie

Anonymous said...

Your blog page is wonderful. I feel like I am right there with you... I am in a way since I am praying for you all everyday. I know that many are going to hear the amazing news of hope and love of Jesus because you 4 chose to be obedient to the call. yeah!!! can't wait to hear what God is doing thru future blogs.

Anonymous said...

Your blog page is wonderful. I feel like I am right there with you... I am in a way since I am praying for you all everyday. I know that many are going to hear the amazing news of hope and love of Jesus because you 4 chose to be obedient to the call. yeah!!! can't wait to hear what God is doing thru future blogs. leesa&bill

Hannah E. said...

We're so excited to hear about your experiences. It's obvious God has begun something amazing...good thing He's a Completer (Phil. 1:6)! We are praying! Found your blog through the Meltons' page.

Hannah Estes (and Joel and Jonah too)

Anonymous said...

Dr. Barret and Family. Hello, I am excited to be reading this great experience. My husband have you and your family in our prayers. Neal and Kim Session

Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. Barret and Family. I am reading your great experience. You and your family are in our prayers. Neal and Kim Session

Anonymous said...

Bub, Monica, Bailey and Libby,

The Mills family is praying for you and the work God has called you to in Uganda. We pray for God's protection for you and that you will remain healthy and rested for the ministry objectives He has planned for you......even those plans you didn't know about. God Bless. We are so excited for each of you. We can't wait to hear back from you and learn of the Mighty things God is doing in your lives and the lives of the people in Uganda. See you soon.

John, Melanie, Natalie and Caroline

Anonymous said...

Dr. B & family,
It is awe-inspiring to read each day of your blog as though we are there with you. What a wonderful experience for your entire family and those of us living vicariously through you. I hope all works out and Pastor Emmy gets to come to Texas and soon! Thanks for sharing, it is easy to get caught up in our daily lives and not realize just how fortunate we are. May God continue to bless you all, Amy Traweek (Zachary Jordan and Hudson's mom)